Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From the Coffee Back to the Grind

And … we're back, from a week away in Seattle and surrounding environs. A relaxing time, to be sure. We also now have photographic evidence of Jorge's presence in the city. Preliminary evidence could have been, as Dewayne put it, an "elaborate elaborate ruse": keys to an apartment building and even an apartment, familiar decor in said apartment a rudimentary awareness of city geography, the presence of Rusty (who?). (Though it is worth noting that we never spotted the transcontinental pickup truck, allegedly still sporting Florida plates.)

The deal-sealer of authentic residence, however, was a chance encounter with one of the members of the new Jorge Sphere of Influence (Seattle Chapter) at a neighborhood bookstore I'd suggested we visit on a whim. That confluence of events would've been virtually impossible to predict, even for the best of event planners and connivers. (Note to JoyBoyz Board of Directors: please forgive me for failing to get the boy's contact information so we could share tips and tricks for the care and feeding of Our Jorge.)

Of course, I had to have some form of photographic proof of his presence, and our visit. So, I present a snapshot from near the Pacific Science Center … though there is something strangely awry with the image:


Call Will?

4 comments:

  1. I am so confused by this post, and even more by that backwards sign.

    Should I be looking out for this stuff when I go there in June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have spared you this confusion (and the confusing journey this post has taken me down) if you'd just come to Portland. Missing all of my Orlando boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, yes the pick-up truck is in the garage...I use the bus on a daily basis :-). And this photo....you are so dead :-) LOL. Love your visit and can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lord, I just snorted aloud at this photo. Co-workers are staring! But at least Jorge has a suitable photo for his Christmas card now.
    Dewayne

    ReplyDelete